Sunday, February 8, 2009

Updates

I wish I had exciting news for you on the job search front, but I don't. It's just too early, I guess. I got one e-mail from an institution that saw my resume on the Placement Web site and asked if I was interested in applying for a position at their institution. Exciting? Hmm, well, it could have been but the position was "just" a basic hall director position. I mean, yeah, maybe I'd consider that (if it was in a great location, which this one wasn't) and I know I could still love being a hall director for a few years (especially if it had some other responsibilities, or at least the option to work with graduate students) but it made me wonder what my chances are of getting a higher-level position. I'd been looking at some coordinator-level positions. I have the minimum qualifications for most of them - master's degree and 3-years of post-master experience - but what are your chances of getting a job when you just fulfill the minimum requirements?

Oh well, enough about the job search. There's not enough going on yet....

On the job front, things have been busy. I've been going to Community Council and student organization meetings all week to recruit new teams for our Invisible Children Challenge. Having two or three meetings a night is definitely exhausting - but if we can just get a few more teams, it will all have been worth it. There's fourty days left until our Closing Ceremony. I'm starting to get a little worried about whether or not we'll be able to reach our goal. My RA, who is helping me organize the challenge, and I have big dreams - we want this to be a huge campus-wide event. We've had a decent amount of interest in the challenge but not as much as we'd hoped. We've also had more interested from Community Council than RAs, which has been a bit surprising. And I just recently found out that several Greek organizations have their formal the night of the Closing Ceremony.
*Sigh*
It'll be fine. It'll be fine. It'll be fine.
Maybe if I say it often enough, I'll be able to stop worrying and will eventually believe it myself. I mean, we have five teams signed up and I'm expecting to get registration forms from at least another 5 teams, maybe even a few more.

Well, I should get back to work. I was gone all weekend (another one of our fun roadtrips...and let me tell you, this one was A LOT of fun!!!!) but now I have tons of work to do.

Have a good week!

No comments: