Sunday, July 5, 2009

The evening before...

Hey there,

I start my new job tomorrow. I really have no reason to be nervous; I've done this before - yes, at another institution but still. I know how to be run a residence hall, how to supervise an RA staff. For most of my colleagues, this will be their first full-time job after graduate school - I have the advantage of having previous experience. But I can't help it. I'm nervous. I don't like new beginnings. There's too much awkwardness - too much not-knowing. But talking about it just makes me more nervous, so let's change topics.

One of you asked if I had any Student Affairs book suggestions. I do - but all my books are still in boxes (I'm waiting until I can move into my office to unpack those) and I'm one of those readers who doesn't pay any attention to the author's name. It took me forever to remember that J.K. Rowling wrote Harry Potter - so there's no chance I'd remember the author of some Student Affairs book. Sorry!
Anyway, as soon as I've unpacked, I'll post some suggestions on this blog.

And of course I'll let you all know how my first days at work go....

1 comment:

Ro @ Eat Live Move said...

Excellent, I will check back to see your recommendations. Thanks!

Hope all is well.