Friday, April 3, 2009

Uh uh, not cool

So the CD I got from this school - I don't think it'll be opened.

At the end of my interview, I asked what their process looked like. And they told me that they were not planning on doing second interviews at the conference but would just return home, look through all their notes and then contact candidates in regards to on-campus interviews. I left the table in good spirits, thinking the interview had gone alright and being pretty excited about this opportunity.

Two days later, I noticed that another candidate was having a second interview with that school. What!?! At first I thought, maybe I'd been wrong. I mean, they had TOLD me that they were not planning on having second interviews. I started watching that table a little more closely. Oh yes, these candidates were definitely having one hour interviews (and mine had only been half an hour) and I was pretty sure I was recognizing candidates who had interviewed with them before.

Oh, so NOT cool!!!

If you don't like me, that's fine. But don't give me wrong information.

Oh well, ....

I'm back from ACPA and the job search has moved into the next stage: the on-campus/decision-making stage. NOT one of my favorite stages. But more about that later. (Sorry, it's just that it's late and I really need to go to bed and that next entry will probably be a rather lengthy one because there's a lot to talk about/process.)

No comments: