Saturday, March 28, 2009

ACPA

I'm at ACPA and in the middle of job searching. I had four interviews today. I have a few more scheduled for the rest of placement. I've also dropped off four more resumes today. So overall, it's going alright. At least I'm finally focusing on job searching.

Everyone keeps asking me how the interviews have been going and I just don't know what to say. I have a really hard time judging how they go. I remember last time around, there were some interviews that I thought went really well and then I never heard from those institutions. So I'd rather not say anything this time. People also keep asking me what my top choices are - again, something I don't want to think about. I don't want to get too attached to a school, then not get an interview and be heart broken. There is one school that I'm really really interested in and I loved our interview this morning, but if I said that out loud it'd make it more real and then what if they don't invite me on campus? No, it's better to try and leave my options open, not get attached and then fall in love with schools ONLY IF they offer me an on-campus interview. I even got a CD from the school I liked with more information about them - I want to look at it really badly but I'm not going to until I hear from them again. I just couldn't handle it....

No comments: