Thursday, March 26, 2009

Benefit Concert & ACPA

I apologize for not having posted in a while.

The Benefit Concert is over. After a few days of floating in seventh heaven, it's time to get back to reality. But I do want to gloat for a tiny little bit...hehe. We raised over $2,000 for Invisible Children, collected about 450 books and celebrated our success with over 150 guests at the Benefit Concert. The concert went relatively smoothly - a few frustrating moments, a few last-minute issues but we were able to handle everything well and nobody noticed. My volunteers were amazing. The a-cappella group was awesome and band sounded fabulous. I've had so many students come up to me and tell me that they now understand why I love this band and their music so much. Makes me want to say, "Told you so." Haha. All in all, a total success! I finally feel like I left that legacy I wanted to leave, had that final awesome event that now allows me to leave - knowing that I did what I came here to do.

We're not done with Invisible Children though. We found out about their national event - The Rescue - and decided to try and get a group of students to go to Cincinnati and participate. You should check it out at therescue.invisiblechildren.com. More info about this initiative coming soon.

So job searching....ahhh, the pain of my existence right now.

I had a phone interview this week. I hate phone interviews. I feel like my accent comes out more, then I become self-conscious and then I stop thinking about the question and start thinking about my accent. I make faces at myself because I think about what I just said and realize it sounded stupid; and then that throws me off even more. Argh!

I have six interviews lined up for ACPA. I haven't really had time to do any research on the institutions yet. I need to do that tonight. It's going to be a LONG night.

Okay, I should run. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

No comments: