Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Adventure begins...

I love not having any work to do!!!

As I'm sure anyone who follows this blog knows, I am a workaholic. When I'm working, I work all the time - and when I'm not working, I think about work.

But I also LOVE vacations. Like with everything else in my life, I don't just have time off or go on vacation - I go all out. So if I'm "relaxing at home," I may not get out of bed all day and just sleep and read and sleep and read (usually a Harry Potter book). And when I decide to leave and go somewhere, I don't just go somewhere on some boring grown-up vacation; oh no, it has to be an adventure.

After a few boring days of packing, I decided it was time to GO SOMEWHERE. I haven't stopped thinking about going to that concert 11 1/2 hours away - and after some phone calls, it didn't seem like such a crazy idea anymore - well, maybe a little crazy but in a good way, right? I mean, I don't have to do the drive in one day - I have NOTHING TO DO RIGHT NOW!!! Haha. I'm really excited about that in case you haven't noticed.

So I got up early this morning, packed a bag, got in the car and drove five hours to see one of my former RAs. I've missed her!!! We hung out, chatted, laughed - it was so nice just to catch up - and yes, I realize it's only been a little more than a week since we last saw each other. And it's nice not being the supervisor anymore. ;) Not that it was ever a challenge supervising her - she was one of my superstar RAs, but it's nice just being the mentor/older friend.

In the late afternoon, we drove another two hours to a concert - haha, big surprise there!
The concert was at a church - a youth group thing. Yes, the same band I saw Saturday. I could seriously watch them every day - they're simply AMAZING! Their lead singer - let's call him Jeremy, Jasper or whatever (sorry, inside joke) - just gets so into it and it's obvious that he just LOVES what he does and is having the time of his life. I love watching people that are passionate about what they're doing. I mean, that's what I love about Student Affairs - the fact that I have the opportunity to help students figure out what they are passionate about and then support them in achieving their dreams. And here's someone who is living his dream. It's so inspiring to see that and get to be a tiny part of it.

Now, I'm sure you're wondering what the name of this mystery band is? Because I KNOW you are all itching to go to their MySpace page and listen to their music...so here you go:
See The World
http://seetheworldmusic.com/
http://myspace.com/seetheworldmusic

Check them out and get inspired!

No comments: