Friday, May 29, 2009

Summer

I am procrastinating from packing. I just moved a bunch of stuff down to the storage room in the basement, so i figured I'd deserve a little break, right?

My apartment is starting to look empty, so at least I'm making some progress. I have to be out of here Monday. My supervisor - or I guess, former supervisor now - is coming over at 8 am to check me out. Argh, so much for sleeping in on my last day here. Oh well, more time to travel, right? ;)

I've packed up all my Student Affairs book. Usually, I try to read some thing for work on vacation, but I decided that this year I'll really really be on vacation and for once not think about work. I can't really prepare for next year anyway, since I'm moving to a new institution.

It feels strange though. At this time of the summer, I would usually be pouring over Student Affairs literature, trying to revise my curriculum for the year, developing new initiatives. Instead I'm re-reading Harry Potter and getting ready for a quite adventurous vacation with camping, concerts and visiting friends.

I have been thinking a little about next year. I mean, last semester I organized this huge Invisible Children Challenge. So what should my next project be? I could do Invisible Children again. I'm not sure how much my new students would get into that. I could also try to pick another organization and figure out something new. I'm just not sure. But I know I'd like to do something again....

Okay, I think I'll have some ice cream and then it's back to packing. The goal is to get the majority packed tonight, do laundry and finish up a few more things tomorrow, and then just relax and do nothing on Sunday. Sounds like a plan, right?


Oh, I apologize in advance if I don't update this in a while. I'm going camping/hiking and don't know when I'll have access to internet. I'm sure I'll stop by a Panera Break occasionally though and will update all of you then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since you like reading student affairs books, do you have any recommendations? Hope you are enjoying your summer!