Friday, May 15, 2009

It's going to be legen - wait for it - dary

You know how you watch a new TV show or hang out with a new group of people and they have a catch phrase they say over and over and over again - and at first you think it's funny and adorable - or maybe you think it's annoying and weird - but eventually you stop noticing it UNTIL one of your friends points out that you've started using that phrase.

At the end of April/beginning of May, when I was completely sucked into the Invisible Children world, I started saying "epic." A couple of the staff members said it at the Rescue events I was at. Then, Marcus and Cameron used it on the live feed. And soon I found myself thinking and saying it. Next year would be epic. My summer of adventures would be epic. The next WE THE LIVING concert would be epic. Seeing See The World (another one of my favorite bands) in concert would be epic. Epic, epic, epic.

Well, I recently got hooked on the TV show "How I Met Your Mother." And the two words that are now stuck in my head are "legendary" and "awesome."

I'm not new to "overusing" a word or phrase. Last year, I used "fabulous" all the time. Apparently, at a staff meeting, some of my RAs started counting how often I would say it. After someone pointed it out, I tried to vary my vocabulary a little more.

Anyway, this wasn't what I meant to blog about. I just wanted to tell you about something that is going to be EPIC, legen - wait for it - dary, awesome and fabulous. :)

Remember when I was telling you all about my interview and how I got to go to the construction of the new building and how absolutely amazing it was...

Well, here's the exciting news: I'm going to be one of the area coordinators of this new building. AND to make it even better: a graduate student from here, that I'm friends with, is going to be the other area coordinator. How awesome is that?

No comments: